Keeping you up-to-date on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception,
including news, trailers, interviews, screenshots, theories, and more.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Hopeful PS3 Price Drop

(click the blog entry title to link)

They've been talking about dropping the price of the PS3 for ages now. There was supposed to be a drop in April but apparently that got shot down. Here's some more speculation for ya.

Personally, I'd kill to see it go down, even without the Uncharted 2 bundle. Today I was wondering what I'm going to do when I finally get my own place, and whether my brother and I will have to have a smackdown over the PS3, which technically belongs to both of us but would not have been purchased had I not been the one to push for it.

A drop of even $50 would make me WAY more likely to buy my own, as I suspect would be the case for many parents who are on the fence about getting one for their kids for the holidays. After the Wii craze of the last holiday season and the speculation about '09 finally being The Year for the PS3, a price drop would be an excellent marketing move. Bundle it up with probably the best game coming out in Q4 this year, and hell, Sony could be pulling in all those disgruntled gamers that have forsaken the Wii and are desperately trying to postpone an XBox-360 purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment