Keeping you up-to-date on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception,
including news, trailers, interviews, screenshots, theories, and more.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Uncharted 2: Drake's a Bit of a Bastard This Time"

Apparently these guys work across the street from Naughty Dog. Lucky bastards.
There's a lot of cool info about ND in there, some theorizing about the elusive and enigmatic co-op, and according to them, Sully is definitely back.

The bit about Uncharted starts at 7:50.



They sound pretty happy that Chloe is replacing Elena. The thing that kind of irks me is this phrase I've seen at least twice now, and here they quote it so I assume someone in Naughty Dog said it at the preview, is this idea that Chloe is "Drake's equal in every way." This rankles the feminist in me, because it implies that Elena is somehow not equal to Drake. Of course she wasn't blasting around with rocket launchers and crap all the time. She's a reporter. She's not a treasure hunter like Chloe apparently is, and she was still pretty kickass, what with the driving and the grenade launchers in the jet ski sections.

I've been flipping back and forth in my opinion on Chloe. Obviously we don't know a lot about her except that she's a treasure hunter, badass, Australian, the love interest, and Drake knew her somehow. Part of me thinks she'll be really cool to interact with, and I know she'll be an interesting character of course. The other half of me is just really concerned that they've pulled a James Bond with Elena. Sure, they'll explain why things didn't work out and all, but what it comes down to is that they wanted a new, exotic girl to replace Elena because she wasn't sexy enough or whatever. What I loved about her was that she was believable and normal, in the same way that Drake was this average kind of guy. Chloe so far is striking me as Lara Croft with more clothes and better dialogue.

In any event, maybe a full length trailer that shows us some character interaction will sway me one way or the other. We'll see. WHEN THEY FINALLY RELEASE ONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment