Keeping you up-to-date on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception,
including news, trailers, interviews, screenshots, theories, and more.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blog Talk Radio Interview

Click the link-- I had it embedded, but it autoplays, so I took that out.

One of my comments got mentioned! About how Uncharted has a large female fanbase! Around the 20 minute mark. I felt super cool, let me tell you.
Even though I was kind of like "what, because female gamers aren't hardcore gamers?" And then I felt bad because the mention of the TV commercial that was a little sexist kind of put Neil on the spot.
And I was a little miffed that the interviewers added a little bit on the end of my question that qualified it. As if female gamers only like Uncharted because of the hotness of Nathan Drake, and not because it's, for instance, a FANTASTIC GAME in all its other aspects (music, graphics, flow, pacing, cinematics, etc.-- you know, the stuff it's getting rave reviews on).
Not to get all soapbox on you here, but this attitude towards female gamers is (and has been) a big problem. The great thing about the Uncharted franchise is that it doesn't have that attitude that gaming is a boys club (except in that one TV commercial), but these radio bloggers kind of posited women on the outside-- boys like it cause it's a good game, girls because Nate has a fabulous ass.
Excuse me?

Anyway. Whatever. It wasn't really the right forum for that conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment