Keeping you up-to-date on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception,
including news, trailers, interviews, screenshots, theories, and more.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Housekeeping

So I'd mentioned a while back that I'd be reporting on a couple things that were pending, and I sort of never did that.

1) I never reported on what it was like to play the multiplayer with Naughty Dog. This is because it didn't frickin' happen. The matching was pathetic that night and basically ignored me all the time, or stuck me with foul-mouthed 12-year-old boys and their 6 cousins screaming into the headset. But I'm sure Naughty Dog was lovely and fun.

2) That book I got.
For now, I'm just going to say to not waste your money on it. I'm about half-way done with it, but by page 5 it took the prize of one of the Top Three shittiest books I've ever encountered. A longer review will follow, because as an English major, I have got quite a few things to say about it, I promise you that.

Also, a couple other things:
-- I have not received the beta code yet, so people are allowed to continue to submit captions if they like.
-- At least 5 whole people read the blog! Well I'll be damned, it's growing in popularity!
-- I've been recently hearing chatter about the release date maybe being in November. Until an official release date is announced, though, I'm going to keep the October 1st date up in the countdown banner because it is less depressing. Only 100 days to go, everyone!

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. my first comment here (not to confuse me with other Anonymous)
    Interesting tidbit:
    I had to read Marco Polo's "The Travels" for a class last year. I love Uncharted and can't wait for this one, but in one of the trailers when Chloe says: "Blah blah paid top dollar for Marco Polo's journals..." I went "Eeeh". Marco Polo didn't actually keep a journal, he had his tales recorded later on by this French romance writer, he met in jail (or something). And there are a whole bunch of manuscripts out there that are all a bit different. No originals exist though. The geek in me thought about pointing this out even though it won't make the game less awesome XD. I have to admit, I want to know how ND will develop this story and what is the supernatural element. Oh look at me being a fangirl...I'll stop...for now >.>

    M.

    ReplyDelete